dishes

 I don't love doing the dishes. I don't know many people who do. But sometimes at the end of the day, even with the dishwasher running, I hand wash the last few pans or wine glasses or the kids' water bottles, and I smile. Something beautiful happened. We gathered, we ate, we shared. We stuffed our faces. And as I take a last look at the dishes in the dish rack, I am grateful. Grateful to be here, grateful to have. Over this last year, I've spent a lot of time in the kitchen at this sink. Cooking is something that both provides an escape and grounds me in the present moment. I love looking up new recipes and trying things out. Even with Taco Tuesday becoming a norm in our house, I try to mix things up. So I hope you'll join me as I experiment and fail and triumph. I don't promise tried and true recipes or precise accurate amounts, just a little of this and a little of that. Chances are you know what to do, too, more than you think. Thanks for visiting. I hope you'll come back!

Comments